Works Cited

Monday, May 2, 2011

Objective 39: Why development of self-tolerance is important

By reading my textbook and actually paying attention in lecture.  I learned that self-tolerance is where the body does not mount an immune response to self-antigens.   If in fact the immune system responded and attacked "self" an auto-immune disease would occur.  I actually have a patient with Multiple Sclerosis which is an auto-immune disease.  Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a debilitating disease in which your body's immune system eats away at the protective sheath that covers your nerves. This interferes with the communication between your brain and the rest of your body.  My patient is only 31 and this disease has totally debilatated her.  She can not talk, walk, move it really breaks my heart because she is such a nice positive upbeat woman.  I would really love to see her get up and walk and have a life.  I do not have a digital artifact because I see no barrings for none.

No comments:

Post a Comment