Works Cited

Friday, April 29, 2011

Objective 51: Kidney Function

Since the teacher was sick or lost her voice, I can not rememeber which one it was.  I really needed to use the internet to learn about the urinary system for myself.  Mainly because I could not take the online lecture because it was boring.  Imagine if I fall asleep in class with the actual teacher there do you really think I will stay awake for an online lecture and think that it is interesting.  The answer is NOOOOOOOOO.  So I went on youtube and found some videos that was very helpful in my learning process of the kidneys and urinary system as a whole.  This video below taught me about this objective.  Learning through watching is better than reading a book.





What I learned from the video and from reading my textbook and sifting through websites is that the kidneys are sophisticated reprocessing machines. Every day, a person’s kidneys processes a great deal of blood to sift out about 2 quarts of waste products and extra water. The wastes and extra water become urine, which flows to the bladder through tubes called ureters. The bladder stores the urine until you have to urinate.  Wastes in the blood come from the normal wear and tear of tissues, such as muscles, and from food. The body uses food for energy and self-repairs. After the body has taken what it needs from food, wastes are sent to the blood. If the kidneys did not remove them, these wastes would build up in the blood and damage our body.

No comments:

Post a Comment