Works Cited

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Objective 15: Describing how adrenal glands responds to stress

What have I learned about this objective is that the adrenal glands increase their production of cortisol in response to stress. Cortisol causes high blood sugar and pressure levels to rise in addition to doing other things. If the cortisol level is low, fatigue sets, low blood pressure, low blood sugar, and an inability to deal with stress occurs.  I hope I am not wrong but I believe Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) has something to do with this also because DHEA is the most abundant hormone produced by the adrenal cortex and if it is low, you will feel poorly.  This video below shed some light about the subject.  There was another video with a hot chick on it talking about it that really got me into the video and understanding the adrenals but I could not get it uploaded.  I sound like a guy right now dont I.  This video did do diligence to.

No comments:

Post a Comment