Works Cited

Monday, May 2, 2011

Objective 36 & 42: Pathogen types and outlining how the body protects itself & Distinguish Innate Immunity from Acquired Immunity

I know about four or five pathogen types such as viral, fungal, bacterial, parasitic, and prionic.  I have learned from my teacher and the book that our body has defenses. I found a neat link that details the three defenses and it was extraordinary in helping me learn about non-specific and specific immunity.  The link is http://www.kirkwood.edu/pdf/uploaded/695/immune_and_lymphatic2.pdf

Innate Immunity 
To achieve this objective I mainly used my book to learn about innate aka nonspecific immunity.  What I took from the book is that innate immunity is like being deployed and going to war.  First you have your first fleet of men going out and handling their business against invaders, but then the first fleet could not handle the enemy so here comes backup. 
Backup is heating up everybody.


Acquired Immunity
Acquired immunity is like special ops, when all else fails they are called in and they will try their hardest to defeat the enemy.  If they can not get them nothing else can.  That is how I interpreted and learned about this subject.  Thinking about the army and what they are going up against.

No comments:

Post a Comment