Works Cited

Friday, April 29, 2011

Objective 48 & 49: Delineate the role of muscles and lung elasticity in inhalation and exhalation, Contrast inspiration and exhalation






This picture on page 717 in my textbook taught me the processes that takes place during inspiration and expiration.  It describes the muscles that are involved in inspiration such as the diaphragm and the external intercostals and then describes how expiration is a passive process that occurs through the recoiling of the elastic lungs. The big difference I took from inspiration and exhalation is that inspiration is active and exhalation is usually passive.  There are two kinds of exhalation forced and regular. Like I stated previously the muscles we use during inspiration are the diaphragm and the external intercostal muscles.  During regular exhalation everything relaxes, and no muscles are used, but during forced exhalation I believe the abdominal wall muscles are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment